There is a general understanding among business owners on how to keep their businesses protected. We all know the standard operating procedures around cybersecurity such as password protection, firewall implementation, and backing up company data. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) take this a step further by also training your employees on best practices and constantly monitoring your networks. These methods alone, however, are no longer enough to keep you safe, especially during this pandemic. Remote work and relaxed summertime work habits often creates sloppy security precautions as your employees are using their home devices and unsecured networks are more prevalent --- a breeding ground for a cyber attack. We have seen countless reports of security breaches since the beginning of COVID-19, many of which could have been prevented with proactive and preventative cybersecurity standards. What can you and your IT support do to make sure you’re not attacked? Understand your Risk In the past, Cyber risk analysis was difficult for companies with so many seemingly endless ways that they could be targeted. Luckily, today there are frameworks in place to protect your company by developing plans to inspect your current policies and see where the weak links lie. From this, you can work with your MSP to create a plan that fits both your timeline and budget. We recommend using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework - which is a globally-recognized cybersecurity risk assessment standard for small-businesses to measure your current operations and develop your plan of action. RCS can help you do this. Here’s how: · We interview you with questions about your current policies and procedures · We aggregate the findings into an easy-to-understand report showing your top security risks and the impacts they have on your business · We discuss the top risks and which ones are most important to you · We develop a plan of action that fits your timeline and budget The entire process only takes a relatively short time to complete and is very affordable. We also invite you to join our cyber-security awareness training on August 5th to get a more detailed look at creating a risk framework for your company. You can register for this here: https://lnkd.in/dgT5wRc Implement Mobile Device Management An analysis done by Webroot reported that 62% of the endpoints they had reporting a malware infection on their device were from a home device, the other 38% were from business machines. As a business, you need to understand the risk your security faces when you allow users to connect to company networks from their personal devices. Mobile device management (MDM) implements the security of a business setting on all devices where work is performed on a company network --- end users laptops, smartphones, etc. --- to prevent cyberattacks from targeting unsecured devices. Your IT support should be proactively working with you to ensure all user devices are being monitored on a device management platform. These platforms automatically detect devices in the network and send them settings for immediate and continued usability. By doing this, your support is able to control and protect the data and configuration settings of all mobile devices in a network. In turn, MDM can reduce support costs and business risks. Most small and medium sized businesses fold within six months of an attack because they can’t afford to bounce back, but you don’t have to be one of them.