Apple just released their iOS 17 update on September 18th, iOS 17 brings big updates to Phone, Messages, and FaceTime that give you new ways to express yourself as you communicate. StandBy delivers a new full-screen experience with glanceable information designed to view from a distance when you turn iPhone on its side while charging. AirDrop makes it easier to share and connect with those around you and adds NameDrop for contact sharing. Enhancements to the keyboard make entering text faster and easier than ever before. iOS 17 also includes updates to Widgets, Safari, Music, AirPlay, and more.
Contact Posters: You can create custom profiles for your calls.
Live Voicemail: See transcriptions of voicemails as they're left and pick up calls.
Stickers: All your stickers are in one place.
Live Stickers: Create animated stickers from photos or videos.
Check In: Automatically notify someone when you arrive safely.
Audio Message Transcription: Read audio messages as you receive them.
Improved Search: Find messages faster with filters.
Swipe to Reply: Respond easily by swiping.
One-time Verification Code Cleanup: Removes used codes automatically.
Video and Audio Messages: Leave a message when calls aren't answered.
Use iPhone as an Apple TV Camera: For newer Apple TVs.
Reactions: Add 3D effects to video calls.
Video Effects: Adjust lighting and portrait mode.
Full-screen StandBy: Displays useful info when charging sideways.
Clocks, Photos, and Widgets: Personalize your display.
Night Mode: Turns your display red in low light.
MagSafe Charger Preferences: Remembers your choices.
Interactive Widgets: Take actions directly from widgets.
iPhone Widgets on Mac: Add iPhone widgets to your Mac desktop.
NameDrop: Easily share contact info.
Simplified Sharing: Share content or start SharePlay sessions by bringing iPhones close together.
Improved Autocorrect: Better typing experience.
Autocorrect Editing: Corrected words can be reverted.
Enhanced Sentence Corrections: More accurate grammar corrections.
Predictive Text: Offers predictions as you type.
Safari and Passwords
Profiles: Keep browsing separate for work and personal.
Private Browsing Enhancements: Improved privacy features.
Password and Passkey Sharing: Share passwords with trusted contacts.
One-time Verification Code AutoFill: AutoFill verification codes from Mail.
SharePlay: Control and play Apple Music in the car.
Crossfade: Smooth song transitions.
Intelligent Device List: Makes finding AirPlay devices easier.
Suggested Connections: Proactively suggests connections.
Automatic Connections: Automatically connects to the right device.
Adaptive Audio: Adjusts noise control based on surroundings.
Personalized Volume: Adjusts media volume based on preferences.
Conversation Awareness: Enhances voices during calls.
Press to Mute: Mute/unmute with AirPods stem or Digital Crown.
Offline Maps: Download maps for offline use.
EV Routing Improvements: Find routes based on real-time EV charger availability.
"Siri" Command: Use "Siri" in addition to "Hey Siri."
Back-to-Back Requests: Issue multiple commands without reactivation.
Visual Look Up
Expanded Domains: Discover more from photos.
Lifting Subjects: Isolate and use objects from photos/videos.
Video Look Up: Learn about objects in paused video frames.
State of Mind Reflection: Log your emotions and mood.
Interactive Charts: Insights into your state of mind.
Mental Health Assessments: Understand your mental health.
Screen Distance: Encourages healthy screen viewing distance.
Sensitive Content Warnings: Prevent unexpected nudity in messages.
Communication Safety: Enhanced protections for children.
Sharing Permissions: More control over app sharing.
Link Tracking Protection: Blocks tracking in links.
Assistive Access: Simplifies app experiences.
Live Speech: Type and have text spoken aloud.
Personal Voice: Create a personalized voice.
Point and Speak in Magnifier Detection Mode: Reads small text labels on objects.
Other features and improvements:
- Roadside Assistance via satellite lets you contact AAA to help you with vehicle issues when out of Wi-Fi or cellular range (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- Your pet's pictures will show up in the People album in Photos, just like pictures of your friends and family.
- Photos Album widget lets you select a specific album from the Photos app to appear in the widget
- Item sharing in Find My allows you to share an AirTag or Find My network accessory with up to five other people
- Activity History in Home displays a recent history of events for door locks, garage doors, security systems, and contact sensors
- Grid Forecast in Home shows when your electrical grid has cleaner energy sources available (Contiguous US only)
- Grocery Lists in Reminders automatically group related items into sections as you add them
- Inline PDFs and document scans in Notes are presented full-width, making them easy to view and mark them up
- New Memoji stickers in Keyboard include Halo, Smirk, and Peekaboo
- App Shortcuts in Spotlight Top Hit offer you app shortcuts to your next action when you search for an app
- Redesigned Sharing tab in Fitness provides highlights of your friends’ activities like workout streaks and awards
- Email or phone number sign-in lets you sign into your iPhone with any email address or phone number listed in your Apple ID account
- New drawing tools in Freeform include a fountain pen, watercolor brush, ruler and more to create expressive boards
- Crash Detection optimizations (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max)
RCS has been proficiently overseeing the IT requirements of businesses since its establishment in 1999. For those seeking a reliable IT partner to support their business contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or explore further details on our website: https://www.rcsprofessional.com/contact-us.